During the UXC at General Assembly, I was required to come up with a problem to solve revolving around communication. My initial idea, was to develop an app that would help displaced populations communicate with family and friends. After researching the idea, and realizing that the scope of that project was too big for the course, I pivoted to creating a messaging app.
Previously, I’d downloaded a model from mixamo, and animated it in unreal engine. Recently, however, there was a problem with the assets, and I had to start over. I decided to create a model in fuse, and then rig and animate it in mixamo.
original sketches & notes: View post on imgur.com Play test setup: View post on imgur.com feedback/notes: I received a lot of good, consistent, feedback. For the most part, feedback centered around making the mallet more squishy, and making improvements to the game to make it more interesting. I’ve highlighted the suggestions I plan on implementing: -> squishier mallet to provide more bounce-back and to create a less sharp noise. -> different types of moles for variety. -> a few flashyRead More
For the second section of Animation, I’m working with Kathy Wu on telling a story through animation with After Effects. After spending an afternoon researching little known folktales, we decided on Momotaro, a folktale from Japan. In the story, Momotaro, or Peach-Boy, is born out of a peach found by an old woman doing laundry. He goes on to be raised by a childless couple, and has adventures with animal friends he finds along the way. Link to the folktaleRead More